Tuesday, May 29, 2012
Just wanted to let everyone know that they got Destany's level up on her dilantin and she is at 12.6. She has done really good the last couple of days so they are letting her come home this afternoon. YEAHHHH!! Thank you for following Destany's blog and I will continue to keep everyone updated.
Monday, May 28, 2012
Yesterday got the text and call that they had to call 911 on Destany because she started seizing at 1:05 and continued for a while they gave her 2 20mg diastats so protocol is call 911. We get to Lebohneur to find out her dilantin is at 5.3 which is way to low for her. So they gave her a bolus of dilantin and admitted her. This morning she had 2 tonic clonic seizures lasting a minute a piece back to back. Her dilantin level is still at only a 9 and they want it between 12 and 16. So she is spending another night so they can try and get it raised back up. She sounded really congested today like gargle and moaning alot like she is hurting. Please pray for our sweet little angel.
Friday, May 4, 2012
Destany came home today after having a good day and night. It took us forever to be released because of the medicines that she is now on and getting them all filled there and at WalMart. But the good thing she is HOME!!! Thank all of you for all you prayers, phone calls and text messages. We love each and everyone of you and would like to say a special thank you to the staff and doctors who took such good care of our little girl. But most of all I want to thank God for him letting us bring our little girl home.
Thursday, May 3, 2012
Well Destany didn't get to go home yesterday cause she had a rough night on Tuesday night. She started seizing around 9:45 and didn't still till around 1:30. The seizures were on and off but they gave her 40 mg of diastat to try and stop them but it didn't work. Finally they eased up and she slept till 5 when they started up again. They continued until 1:45 on and off. But from then on we have not had any major seizures since then. So today they put her on the g-tube depakote since she is not going to go home with an IV in her. So far so good so hopefully we have all this under control and we will be going home finally tomorrow. Thank goodness cause she will be more comfortable in her own bed.
Tuesday, May 1, 2012
Well Destany has had a couple of good days. This morning she had 2 tonic clonic seizures and her blood pressure dropped but other than that everything else is stable. This means if she has a good night and morning we will be going home tomorrow. I am so excited. They decided that they would wean her off her meds at home slowly instead all at once. They have changed up so much of her meds that all she really does right now is sleep. She might be awake for a little while but then it is back to sleep she goes. The doctors are fine with this cause it is letting her brain rest. Thank you for all the prayers, phone calls and text messages we have received while Destany has been in the hospital. God had his hands on her once again and thank you for letting me keep my little girl for a little while longer.